The human body can face many issues on any given day. From headaches to earaches, upset stomachs, and heartburn, you’re bound to face these kinds of health issues at one point or another.
While many people who are facing these issues turn to traditional medicines for remedy, alternative health solutions exist that can possibly help you as well.
History Of Alternative Health Solutions
Where did the idea of alternative health solutions and medicine come from?
The idea of alternative medicine or health solutions dates back to the 1970s, and was derived from many different areas of the world, including China, Europe, and India. These ideas, which were developed in Western Europe, were done in opposition to traditional Western medicine.
The most important factor of alternative medicine is that it began as an ‘irregular practice’ because it didn’t come from scientific evidence. This medical system was developed in isolated areas where there was little medical contact, and before the use of scientific methods.
As technology and medicine advance, many move away from these alternative health solutions, but a lot of people still go for the latter.
Different Kinds Of Alternative Health Solutions
Alternative medicines focus on balancing different aspects in life in order to help manage pain and diseases. That being said, different kinds of alternative medicines serve different purposes.
There are six main groups of alternative health solutions:
- Traditional Alternative Medicine: The therapies included in this subgroup have all been practiced for centuries worldwide. Within this group are therapies like acupuncture, homeopathy, naturopathy, and more.
- Body: Since the early days of medical care, touch has been used to help manage daily pains. The ideology behind using touch to ‘heal’ is that when there’s pain or illness in one part of the body, it then affects the rest of the body as well. So, the thought is that through manual manipulation of those other affected body parts to bring them back to normal health, the body then can refocus itself on healing the injured area. Some of these techniques include massage, tai chi, chiropractic, or yoga.
- Diet And Herbs: We as humans, have moved away from the simple diet of meats, fruits, vegetables, and grains that centuries ago was ‘normal.’ Now, we eat foods full of fats, complex carbs, and oils that can lead to chronic diseases. Many alternative health solutions include diet and attempting to get it back to its roots. Examples of this include overall nutrition and diet, herbal medicine, and dietary supplements.
- External Energy: This technique is based off the belief that external energy sources can directly affect health through things like reiki, qigong, or electromagnetic therapy.
- Mind: There are studies that show people who have good mental and emotional health can heal easier than those who don’t have that mental or emotional stability. Some therapies that can help improve the mind’s health include meditation, biofeedback, and hypnosis.
- CBD: The use of native roots of CBD, such as SUPA Naturals CBD, may help ease pain, both in the mind and in the body.
Connecting With Nature
While there are health issues that alternative health solutions won’t be able to address, many of the day-to-day health issues people suffer from can be, at the very least, improved in simpler ways than with conventional medicines and doctors.
For example, finding a way to connect with nature can aid in reducing unwanted emotions, like fear, stress, or anger. Being in nature allows you to be absorbed in the scenes of trees, plants, and water, which, in turn, distract you from the pain you’re feeling.
Nature not only helps the brain, but it can also contribute to a better overall physical wellbeing in the sense that it helps lower blood pressure and may relieve muscle tension, to name a few. Also, it helps that getting out in nature takes you away from screens that can be detrimental to your overall health in the following ways:
- Promote irregular sleep
- Give rise to behavioral problems
- Can lead to obesity
- Lessened creativity
Connecting with nature serves more as a way to prevent disease, rather than serve as a treatment. However, that doesn’t mean getting out in nature can’t be considered an alternative health solution.
Why Alternative Health Solutions?
There are different kinds of alternative health solutions, as well as different outlets to access information on them. Below are some of the reasons why many individuals are dipping their toes into alternative health solutions to help them achieve overall wellbeing:
- Alternative health solutions may help pinpoint the cause of the pain or a disease.
- Alternative health solutions may improve your overall quality of life.
- Even if these solutions don’t work, they’re less likely to cause any negative side effects
- There’s more flexibility in an alternative health plan, and can be less expensive, too.
- There’s no risk of dependency as there is with certain prescriptions.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to managing daily health issues, which is why it’s important to try many different options until you find what works best for you. Some may benefit from modern-day medicine, but others can potentially benefit from one, or many, of the alternative health solutions mentioned above.